A wonderful way to use those summer fresh peppers.
Make and share this Pickled Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- In clean sterilized jars, place the olive oil, oregano, garlic and carrots and onions (optional).
- Mix the brine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pack your peppers (and other vegetables) in jars to 3/4 full (peppers will expand).
- Pour boiling brine over the peppers within 1/2" from the top.
- Seal by hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- Let jars sit for 3 weeks for the best flavor.
- NOTE: The amount of peppers is not given here. It all depends on how many peppers you can stuff into a jar, and how many jars you will be making. I think I used 1# or maybe 1 1/2# for this amount of ingredients.
Very easy, and very good. I have used this recipe for 3 years because I give them as gifts. People ask for them after a big pepper crop.
Miss Annie, these are AWESOME! I made these a little over a month ago and just opened up a jar yesterday. WOW! They are hot, but have a wonderful flavor! I think they are the best flavored jalapeno's I've tried and I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing!
This recipe for jalapenos has to one of the best I have ever pickled, and so easy to do. I couldn't wait 3 weeks so I dove in a little early as did my friends at work. All of us have now shared this head sweating,nose running recipe. A definite tribute to those who love the spicier side of life. thanks, chickenman