A wonderful way to use those summer fresh peppers.
Make and share this Pickled Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- In clean sterilized jars, place the olive oil, oregano, garlic and carrots and onions (optional).
- Mix the brine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pack your peppers (and other vegetables) in jars to 3/4 full (peppers will expand).
- Pour boiling brine over the peppers within 1/2" from the top.
- Seal by hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- Let jars sit for 3 weeks for the best flavor.
- NOTE: The amount of peppers is not given here. It all depends on how many peppers you can stuff into a jar, and how many jars you will be making. I think I used 1# or maybe 1 1/2# for this amount of ingredients.