Recipe by paula giles
I had so many tomatoes from my garden, I did not know what to do with them. I could make salsa but I have nothing to spice it up with. Found pickled jalapenos in my frig and decided to try it. It was delicious. You can use more pickled jalapenos if you want it hotter, but this is perty dern hot.
- 1 medium onion, cleaned and quartered
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno chili, reserve juice
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I cut the tomatoes in half and gently squeeze to remove some of the seeds.
- In a food processer, add onion, and jalapeno w/juice.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add all spices.
- Process and refrigerate several hours.
- This is the time where I taste and add what I think it might need.
- But remember, flavors blend while in the frig.
- so be careful.
- You can also can this if you have many tomatoes in your garden as I did.
- Process, then cook on stove 30-45 min and process in a water bath for 10 minute Follow directions for cleaning jars and lids.