Recipe by evelyn/athens
A great topping for nachos and salads. There is a 1 week standing time on these babies - so plan ahead! From epicurious.com.
- 2 cups sliced jalapeno peppers, sliced into rings
- 8 slices carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 white pearl onions
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pack pepper slices into 2 pint jars. Add 4 carrot slices, a bay leaf and two onions to each jar.
- Combine vinegar, water and salt in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour over peppers in jars.
- Seal and cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 1 week before serving.
- Note: These pepper rings make a wonderful topping for nachos.