Prep 480 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Just like in a Mexican restaurant! I like it hot so I keep the seeds in. To reduce heat remove seeds but wear gloves and don't rub your eyes!!!! I haven't the faintest idea what the serivings are nor the yield but I would guess about six 2 cup mason jars.
- 1 gallon jalapeno pepper, sliced into rounds
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole mixed pickling spice
- 1 small white onion, per jar
- 1 small garlic clove, per jar
- Boil 1 gal. water with 2 cups salt. Let cool. Place peppers with brine in a pickle crock or large, non-reactive bowl for 12-18 hours. Rinse thoroughly to remove salt.
- Combine 1 cup water, vinegar, sugar, pickling spice and boil over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pack sterile jars with peppers, and one onion and/or one garlic clove if using.
- Pour in hot vinegar mixture.
- Can in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.