Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
my girlfriend gave me this to can them for her last year.
- 2 quarts jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch italian seasoning
- 1 dash olive oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic
- clean and trim the stem of peppers,pierce the sides of the peppers, place in jars.
- Add 1 tea salt, pinch of italian seasoning, and three or four cloves of garlic, a dab of oil.
- mix equal parts of water and white vinegar.
- boil for 10 minutes and then process in water bath.
Loved the peppers - although some I sliced into rings and others I sliced in half and deseeded (depending on whether I want hot ones or not!) - My husband and I enjoyed the peppers and will be using them for a late night spicy snack or to add to guacamole! The italian seasoning makes the peppers look nicer in the jar I think - but I couldn't detect much of a flavour change. I would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks before eating these though - the need time to pickle!
1 tsp of italian seasoning mix 1/4 cup of olive oil
This is a very good and a very simple recipe ,but I put more italian seasoning in about I tsp. And I also added green and red peppers yumm!!!