Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are excellent. Canned tons of them and everyone keeps grabbing jars and running. Super hot!!!!
- 2 quarts jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling spices
- 4 cloves garlic
- Slice peppers or leave them whole.
- (To prevent bursting, cut two small slits in whole peppers.).
- Pack peppers tightly into clean, hot jars.
- Combine vinegar and water; heat to a simmer.
- Do not boil.
- Pour hot vinegar over peppers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Add pickling salt and a clove of garlic to each jar then seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
This works out great for yellow banana pepper rings also.
Recipe says 4 cloves of garlic and then 1 in each jar....what about the other 2? :)
I made these in a steam canner and processed for ten minutes. Is that safe? Is it safe to water bath peppers? Is that what the vinegar is for? Thanks!