Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are excellent. Canned tons of them and everyone keeps grabbing jars and running. Super hot!!!!
- 2 quarts jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling spices
- 4 cloves garlic
- Slice peppers or leave them whole.
- (To prevent bursting, cut two small slits in whole peppers.).
- Pack peppers tightly into clean, hot jars.
- Combine vinegar and water; heat to a simmer.
- Do not boil.
- Pour hot vinegar over peppers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Add pickling salt and a clove of garlic to each jar then seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Really good. Really easy. Saved the jalapenos from my garden from going to waste.
This works out great for yellow banana pepper rings also.
Recipe says 4 cloves of garlic and then 1 in each jar....what about the other 2? :)