Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My boyfriend's mother's recipe. Scale up to account for your amount of peppers.
Make and share this Pickled Hot Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Sterilize jars, lids, rings and other assorted equipment.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugars, salt and spices in a pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cut peppers in half, or into rings. Remove seeds or not as you choose. All pieces should be roughly the same size.
- Pack peppers into canning jars. (1 pound of peppers will make roughly one pint, and wide-mouth jars are easier to fill.) Pour brine over, leaving 1/2" headspace. Place lid and ring on jar and screw down finger-tight.
- Transfer full jar to a water-bath canner (i.e. a huge stockpot full of boiling water). Process at a rolling boil for 10 minutes for pints, 15 minutes for quarts.
- Remove jar from water bath and place on a dry towel. Let stand until room temperature. If the lid does not form a vacuum seal, refrigerate and use within 1 month. Sealed, keeps in the pantry for 1 year; after opening, refrigerate and use within 1 month.