Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My boyfriend's mother's recipe. Scale up to account for your amount of peppers.
Make and share this Pickled Hot Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Sterilize jars, lids, rings and other assorted equipment.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugars, salt and spices in a pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cut peppers in half, or into rings. Remove seeds or not as you choose. All pieces should be roughly the same size.
- Pack peppers into canning jars. (1 pound of peppers will make roughly one pint, and wide-mouth jars are easier to fill.) Pour brine over, leaving 1/2" headspace. Place lid and ring on jar and screw down finger-tight.
- Transfer full jar to a water-bath canner (i.e. a huge stockpot full of boiling water). Process at a rolling boil for 10 minutes for pints, 15 minutes for quarts.
- Remove jar from water bath and place on a dry towel. Let stand until room temperature. If the lid does not form a vacuum seal, refrigerate and use within 1 month. Sealed, keeps in the pantry for 1 year; after opening, refrigerate and use within 1 month.