Recipe by papergoddess
Pickled Hot Peppers; from Better Homes and Gardens Canning and Freezing - posted in reply to a request
Top Review by firewriter66
Simple recipe, my first pickled peppers. They are great! Gave two jars to my Mom as a birthday gift (she loves peppers) and she loved them. FYI I used a mix of Banana and Hungarian cut into rings.
- 453.59 g red peppers or 453.59 g green peppers or 453.59 g yellow hot pepper (8 cups)
- 4 head fresh dill or 29.58 ml dill seeds (optional)
- 709.77 ml water
- 236.59 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml pickling salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml crushed dried red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash hot peppers; drain.
- Pack peppers into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- If desired, place 1 head fresh dill or 1 1/2 tsp. dill seed in each jar.
- In saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, and dried pepper. bring to boiling.
- Pour hot pickling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Adjust lids. Process in boiling water bath (pints) 10 minutes.