Recipe by papergoddess
Pickled Hot Peppers; from Better Homes and Gardens Canning and Freezing - posted in reply to a request
Top Review by firewriter66
Simple recipe, my first pickled peppers. They are great! Gave two jars to my Mom as a birthday gift (she loves peppers) and she loved them. FYI I used a mix of Banana and Hungarian cut into rings.
- 1 lb red peppers or 1 lb green peppers or 1 lb yellow hot pepper (8 cups)
- 4 heads fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dill seeds (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash hot peppers; drain.
- Pack peppers into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- If desired, place 1 head fresh dill or 1 1/2 tsp. dill seed in each jar.
- In saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, and dried pepper. bring to boiling.
- Pour hot pickling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Adjust lids. Process in boiling water bath (pints) 10 minutes.