Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a great pickle!
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup olive oil (extra virgin not required)
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons pickling spices, tied in cheesecloth
- 2 lbs hot pepper (jalapenos are terrific)
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled,but left whole
- 4 medium yellow onions, sliced thin
- Combine vinegar, water, oil, salt and spices in a stainless steel pan (not aluminum).
- Bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and and let flavors develop while you do the rest.
- Wash and dry peppers, Trim stems but leave some on.
- Put 2 cloves of garlic in each canning jar (sterilized etc).
- Alternate peppers and sliced onions.
- Pack tight with 1 inch headspace.
- Bring liquid back to a boil, and pour over peppers leaving one inch for air space.
- Top with lids, screw on bands, and process in waterbath canner for 10 minutes.
These pickled peppers are very good! I really like the olive oil and the flavor and mildness it adds to the peppers! Thanks Mirj, for a keeper!!!