Recipe by Dib's
Peter Piper never had these-good and hot!
Top Review by Neeney
I used this recipe to make "Pickled Hot Vegetables." It turned out QUITE AWESOME! I used the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and also added cauliflower, carrots, green beans, celery, and sweet banana peppers. It turned out better than I hoped for...LUV HOT PICKLED VEGGIES!!!
- 3 lbs hot peppers
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups water
- 3 teaspoons pickling salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash peppers and remove stems.
- Slice bell peppers.
- Combine vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a large stainless steel or enamel pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil gently for 5 min.
- Pack peppers snugly into clean hot jars leaving 3/4 inch head space.
- Pour in boiling liquid leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.