Posted in response to a recipe request. Several years ago, my husband used to make these a lot. He must have gotten his fill, though. He only pulls out the recipe for his "manly" fishing trips, now. :) Cook time does not include overnight refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil all ingredients (including hot dogs) together.
- 2Put in jar and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Store in refrigerator.
- 4Can also use smoked sausages, deer sausages, ring bologna, and other types of pre-cooked smoked meats.
- 5Also suitable for pickled eggs.
- 6Serve chunks of pickled hot dogs or sausage with saltine crackers for a snack.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Hot Dogs or Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 1213.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: