Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful spread for crackers or toast points
- 10 ounces pickled herring, fillets in wine sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 scallions
- parsley (to garnish)
- Drain herring of wine, do not rinse off any left over spices.
- Place cream cheese and drained herring in food processor.
- Process until smooth and spreadable.
- Finely chop scallions.
- Remove spread from processor and place in to a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in finely chopped scallions while tasting for salt and pepper.
- Keep cool until it is ready to be served.
- Garnish with sprig of parsley.