Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was my first "pickling" recipe. It worked well for me. I got it from Simply Perfect Grilling 2002 magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 3 -6 small serrano peppers
- Mix vinegar, water, sugar and (1/4 tsp.) salt in a small pan.
- Bring to boiling, reduce and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Cook tomatoes and (1 tsp) salt covered in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain tomatoes, rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to 3 hot, clean dry 1/2 pint jars.
- Place 1 teaspoons of the dill seed and 1-2 serrano peppers into each jar.
- Pour pickling mixture over tomatoes. Be sure to leave 1/4" head space.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight.
I like this recipe because it's fairly easy, but there seems to be something missing.....how many tomatoes (qty or pound(s)) are needed?