Recipe by *SimplyME*
Chile strips that can be used on sandwiches or chopped and mixed with salads such as tuna or shrimp. I found this in Too Many Chiles! I have made a few changes to the recipe.
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml pickling salt
- 9.85 ml dill weed
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds
- 8-10 green chilies, roasted and peeled and cut into strips
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 6 peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, pickling salt, dill weed and mustard seed in a pan and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add some of the garlic and peppercorns to small, sterilized jars.
- Put the chile in the jars and cover with the liquid.
- Add the rest of the garlic and peppercorns to each jar.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 3 days before using.
- Note: You can substitute jalapenos that have been roasted and peeled for the green chiles.