Recipe by Charlotte J
You know how that when you plant cherry tomatoes and that one plant will product a zillion little tomatoes? Give this recipe a try and steal some of those green tomatoes and leave the rest on to get larger and ripen. I hope to try this recipe later this summer. From Shawn Hart
- 6 quarts green cherry tomatoes
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 18 peppercorns
- 6 small hot red peppers
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pickling spices
- 3⁄4 cup pickling salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tomatoes and pack in clean, hot quart jars.
- Add 1 dill head, 3 peppercorns and 1 red pepper to each jar.
- Place the pickling spice in the center of a coffee filter or cheesecloth and tie.
- Bring water, vinegar, bag of spices and salt to boil.
- Remove bag.
- Cover tomatoes with brine, leaving 1/2-in. headspace.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
- Let set 6 weeks to mellow.