1/1 Photo of Pickled Green Beans " Dilly Beans"
Cathy Pete's Note:
Love these as a condiment - in a bloody mary - I even used the brine to pickle some garlic which got rave reviews! This was my first year for canning and was scared to death but was simple and easy and every jar sealed perfect! This recipe is from another site want to put it on here my favorite site! so I can keep them all together! Thanks to Kimber the author of this recipe for posting
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cut green beans to fit inside pint canning jars.
- 22. Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, for 3 minutes. Plunge beans into ice water. Drain well.
- 33. Pack the beans into four hot, sterilized pint jars. Place 1 clove garlic and 2 sprigs dill weed in each jar, against the glass. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to each jar.
- 44. In a large saucepan over high heat, bring vinegar and water to a boil. Pour over beans.
- 55. Fit the jars with lids and rings and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Green Beans " Dilly Beans"
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh dill weed