This recipe was originally my Great Grandmother's I just recently found it in my Mother's stuff after she passed away a few months ago.
- Clean and Cut beans to fit in tall Mason Jars. (one pint).
- Place ingredients 2-5 into each jar.
- Add beans to jar(s) until full.
- Bring to boil ingredients 6-8.
- Pour boiling liquid over beans.
- Tighten lids.
- Process in boiling water for 5 minutes. *Correction: Processing time should be 10-15 min, not 5.*.
- I use what ever amount of beans I have on hand and make the liquid accordingly.