Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From B&G canning mag. For spicer add a whole chile pepper to each jar before processing.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 -5 Thai red chili peppers or 1 -5 serrano chili pepper, red
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red peppers, crushed or 1 thai chili pepper
- 5 small head fresh dill (optional)
- Wash beans, drain. If desired remove ends and strings. Leave beans whole.
- In uncover large pot, cook beans and 5 fresh chile peppers(if using) in enough boiling water to cover beans, cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Pack hot beans lengthwise into hot sterlized pint jars. Cut beans to fit in if needed. Leave 1/2" headspace. Add one boiled chile pepper in each jar if using.
- In large pot combine 3 cups water, vinegar, snipped dill or dried dill, pickling salt, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper or Thai pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Take off heat.
- Poor hot liquid into jars over beans, leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove bubbles. If desired add 1 head of dill into each jar. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process jars in water bath for 5 minutes or at your required time for altitude. Start time once water is boiling.