- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 slice chopped thin lemon
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 bay leaf, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- cover beans with boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- drain, saving liquid.
- pack into steril 1/2 pint jars leaving 1 inch at top.
- combine remaining ingredients with bean liquid and simmer for 8 minutes.
- pour over beans, adding boiling water if needed to fill jars.
- cap with sterile lids and process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes after water returns to boiling.