168 hrs 10 mins
Pickled ginger is served with sushi. Try to eat pieces of pickled ginger between different kinds of sushi. It helps to clean your mouth and enhance the flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the ginger root.
- 2Cut the ginger into medium-sized pieces and salt it.
- 3Leave the ginger in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- 4Put the ginger into a jar.
- 5Mix rice vinegar and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 6Pour the hot mixture of vinegar and sugar on the ginger.
- 7Cool, then cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator.
- 8In a week, the ginger change its color to light pink.
- 9Slice thinly to serve.
- 10The pickled ginger lasts about a month in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Ginger (gari)
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2325.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: