Recipe by Steve P.
Pickled ginger is served with sushi. Try to eat pieces of pickled ginger between different kinds of sushi. It helps to clean your mouth and enhance the flavors.
Top Review by Mini Ravindran
This turned out to be easier than I thought and believe this is going to sit pretty with all my dinner meals as long as the bottle lasts. Too good as it compliments a typical Indian meal so well. :-))) Mini
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the ginger root.
- Cut the ginger into medium-sized pieces and salt it.
- Leave the ginger in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Put the ginger into a jar.
- Mix rice vinegar and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot mixture of vinegar and sugar on the ginger.
- Cool, then cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator.
- In a week, the ginger change its color to light pink.
- Slice thinly to serve.
- The pickled ginger lasts about a month in the fridge.