Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pickled ginger has a wonderful affinity with fish, as anyone who has tried sushi will know. You can now buy in supermarkets - it is usually found close to the sushi ingredients.
- 400 g white crab meat
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped pickled ginger
- lime, juice and zest of
- 50 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chicory, bulb
- 1 small chaertais melon, seeded, peeled and sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the crabmeat, oil, chilli, pickled ginger, lime zest and juice and coriander together and season to taste.
- Arranger 3 or 4 leaves of chicory on each serving plate, place the slices of melon between the leaves and pile the crabmeat in the centre. Garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.