1/1 Photo of Pickled Garlicky Green Beans
Is your garden being generous with green beans? Make these to enjoy the summer during the winter months, I used the tricolor bush beans as you see in the photo the purple ones turn green after cooking.
My Private Note
24 ounc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beans to size you enjoy or keep whole.
- 2Cook beans in salted boiling water for 3 minutes add onion and cook 2 more minutes.
- 3Bring to a boil the water, vinegar, salt, sugar, dill and pepper flakes.
- 4Drain and pack well into sterilized jars I used 2-24 ounce jars.
- 5Leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 6Add 1/4 teaspoon pickle crisp in each jar.
- 7Pour the boiling vinegar mixture over beans leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 8wipe rims and place lids.
- 9Process in water bath 5 minutes, timing after water comes back to a boil.
- 10Remove from bath and leave sit over night in a draft free spot. Check lids. If not sealed refrigerated.
- 11Give two weeks for flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Garlicky Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 472.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ball pickle crisp