Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by a friend - it is amazing! I use jars half the size of jam jars - they hold only one head of garlic cloves or less.
- 1 quart apple cider vinegar
- 3 quarts water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon alum
- 1 cup pickling salt (I usually use just under a cup so it is a little less salty)
- garlic clove, peeled
- fresh dill sprig
- Place sprig of dill in each jar (and a hot pepper or two if you like them to have a little bite).
- Pour boiling brine over garlic cloves. Seal and place in a hot water bath 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cool on towels or newspaper.