Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT7- The South Pacific Islands. Found on alleasyrecipes.com
- 3 lbs fish
- 3 large onions
- 1⁄2 pint vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- fat (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Cut the fish into neat pieces, dry, sprinkle with a little flour and salt; fry until done.
- Cut up the onions and boil until soft; strain off the water, cover the onions with vinegar and boil up again.
- Mix the corn flour and curry powder and use to thicken the onions and vinegar.
- Place alternate layers of fish and onion mixture in a dish and serve cold.