1/3 Photos of Pickled Fish
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
This is a tangy and interesting way of preparing fish. Another prepare-ahead meal for great summer entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat fish dry and fry until golden.
- 2Drain and cool on paper towel.
- 3When cool, layer in a deep dish.
- 4In a clean pan, heat a little oil and fry onions til soft.
- 5Add curry powder, turmeric, sugar and raisins and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Stir in vinegar and water to make a thin sauce.
- 7Add bay leaves, apricot jam and seasonings to taste.
- 8Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 9Pour over fish, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 days before serving.
Browse Our Top South African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Fish
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 167.5 mg
- Sodium 196.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: