Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Quick and easy pickled eggs, add the veggies or not, still great!
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt (or kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- In med. saucepan, on high heat, bring vinegar, sugar and pickling salt to boiling for 5 minutes. Place shelled eggs (and veggies-optional) in a gallon jar. Add boiling vinegar mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. these are great next day, but as with anything improves with age!