Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Typical bar food, great with beer.
- 30 small eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- Hard boil and peel eggs.
- Bring water, salt, onion, mustard seed, pepper flakes (if using) to a boil.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Add vinegar and return to a boil.
- In large glass canning jar, layer eggs, onions and brine.
- Let sit in refrigerator for three days before using.