Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a friend who owns a bar. Its definitely a guy thing!!
Make and share this Pickled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Place eggs in a large pot& cover by 2 inches with cold water.
- Bring water to a full, rolling boil& immediately remove from the heat.
- Cover& let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, run under cold water& peel.
- In a medium pot, mix together the vinegar, water,& salt.
- Combine pickling spice, garlic& bay leaf in cheesecloth, tie and add to pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, lower temperature, cover& simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove spice bag.
- Transfer the eggs to sterile containers, fill with hot vinegar mixture& seal.
- Allow to cool& then refrigerate for at least 8 days before serving.
This is the first time I have had good pickled eggs since I was a child. These are excellent! I don't like store-bought pickling spice, so I made my own. (I mixed some turmeric and celery seed with the mustard seed.) Thanks for a great recipe1
This is the best recipe for pickled eggs. I have been making it for over 30 years. Thank you for posting.
Nothing better to me than a great pickled egg with a spoonful of Helmans real mayonase to spread lightly on each bite! "This recipe is great!"