Recipe by CountryLady
I got this recipe from a friend who owns a bar. Its definitely a guy thing!!
Top Review by cuisinebymae
This is the first time I have had good pickled eggs since I was a child. These are excellent! I don't like store-bought pickling spice, so I made my own. (I mixed some turmeric and celery seed with the mustard seed.) Thanks for a great recipe1
- 12 extra large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a large pot& cover by 2 inches with cold water.
- Bring water to a full, rolling boil& immediately remove from the heat.
- Cover& let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, run under cold water& peel.
- In a medium pot, mix together the vinegar, water,& salt.
- Combine pickling spice, garlic& bay leaf in cheesecloth, tie and add to pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, lower temperature, cover& simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove spice bag.
- Transfer the eggs to sterile containers, fill with hot vinegar mixture& seal.
- Allow to cool& then refrigerate for at least 8 days before serving.