Recipe by wildheart
These pickled eggs taste just like the eggs that general stores used to sell! Add 1 cup beet juice if you'd like pink pickled eggs.
Top Review by Doreen72
Thank you for printing this recipe; my mother used to make these very often (they tended to disappear) and there was always a big jar of them in the refrigerator. I had lost her recipe, and have been searching for years to find one that seemed to be closest to hers. Yours is just perfect. With much gratitude. Doreen. (PS The beet juice is a great idea; mother also used to use vegetable colouring and made some red and some green for Christmas - I have done this and it made a sensation!)
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 large empty sterilized glass jar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the peeled hardboiled eggs in the large jar.
- Boil the remaining ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the eggs in the jar.
- Cover; leave on counter overnight.
- Keeps in refrigerator for weeks, in theory.
- In reality, if you love pickled eggs, these will disappear.