Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a very old family cookbook. My dad used to make these all of the time.
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 16 ounces canned beets, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- Place eggs in a wide mouthed, half-gallon canning jar or other covered container.
- Put beets and liquid into a medium size saucepan. Add vinegar, sugar, spices, water and salt. Bring just to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour beets and vinegar mixture into jar with eggs; adding additional water as needed to cover.
- Cover jar and place in refrigerator to be served in 2-3 days.
Yum, these are good!!! Wish I had boiled 12 eggs! Thanks for posting.
I didnt have any pickling spices so I used one teaspoon of whole cloves and 2 cinnamon sticks.