36 hrs 45 mins
Posted by request - I believe that this is an English recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 bunches fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 jars generic dill pickle spears (or slices)
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced into rings
- 1 large green pepper, sliced into rings
- 2 large sweet red peppers, sliced into rings
- 32 fluid ounces cider vinegar
- 16 fluid ounces beet juice
- 16 fluid ounces bottled water
- 1/2 cup whole cloves
- 1Drain juice from pickle jars into large pan.
- 2Add cider, water, cloves and dill.
- 3Bring liquid mixture to full boil; then reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes to one hour (make sure you will be able to open every window in the house, it's rather fragrant!) Place eggs, vegetable slices and pickle spears into large glass or hard plastic container (large ice cream pail works well).
- 4Strain liquid mixture through a pasta colander and pour liquid over eggs and vegetables.
- 5Let sit for 24 to 36 hours at room temperature.
- 6The eggs will be a very, very bright yellow and have a wonderful dill flavor the whole way through.
- 7The vegetables and pickles will have a dill flavor never before experienced, and can be eaten separately or used as a complimentary garnish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 1272.0 mg
- Sodium 404.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dill pickle spears