Recipe by Bobbie
I see there are several pickled egg recipes already posted -- but there's always room for one more. Either you like pickled eggs -- or you hate them (and that's the way it is with my husband and me -- I'm the lover). Prep time does not include cooking the eggs.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
These are so tasty and very addictive. I can't walk past the frige without stopping by and scooping out a beet or an egg. Thanks for sharing this recipe Bobbie. I will be making these quite often ;)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 5 -6 tablespoons pickling spices, with bay leaves (see note)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beets, including juice
- 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- Place peeled eggs in a container; pour beets and pickling juice over them.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- NOTE: I tie the pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth. Otherwise, the spices stick to the eggs and beets. Just keep the ball of spices in with the eggs and beets -- do not discard it.