Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I see there are several pickled egg recipes already posted -- but there's always room for one more. Either you like pickled eggs -- or you hate them (and that's the way it is with my husband and me -- I'm the lover). Prep time does not include cooking the eggs.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- Place peeled eggs in a container; pour beets and pickling juice over them.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- NOTE: I tie the pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth. Otherwise, the spices stick to the eggs and beets. Just keep the ball of spices in with the eggs and beets -- do not discard it.