I see there are several pickled egg recipes already posted -- but there's always room for one more. Either you like pickled eggs -- or you hate them (and that's the way it is with my husband and me -- I'm the lover). Prep time does not include cooking the eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- 3Place peeled eggs in a container; pour beets and pickling juice over them.
- 4Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- 5NOTE: I tie the pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth. Otherwise, the spices stick to the eggs and beets. Just keep the ball of spices in with the eggs and beets -- do not discard it.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (3074 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: