Recipe by Dib's
This is a combination of recipes that makes one great one-if you like pickled eggs. I would avoid feeding these to men who are drinking beer-LOL
Top Review by CJAY
This is the best recipe for pickled eggs that I've ever used! I made it as written and let them stand in the refrigerator for the full 10 days. We really enjoyed these and loved the addition of the jalapenos. They had just the right amount of heat and were pickled perfectly. Thanks for sharing. I'll be making these often!
- 1 gallon glass container, sterilized (with a lid)
- white vinegar
- 6 chili peppers or 6 jalapenos, sliced or left whole with slits cut into them
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 boiled,peeled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Open every window in the house.
- Boil 2 cups of the vinegar with the spices for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the jar, add eggs, peppers and onions and pour vinegar over this to cover.
- Let stand for eight to 10 days (lid on) If the vinegar is too strong for you, use 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water.