Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 240 hrs 5 mins
This is a combination of recipes that makes one great one-if you like pickled eggs. I would avoid feeding these to men who are drinking beer-LOL
- 1 gallon glass container, sterilized (with a lid)
- white vinegar
- 6 chili peppers or 6 jalapenos, sliced or left whole with slits cut into them
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 boiled,peeled eggs
- Open every window in the house.
- Boil 2 cups of the vinegar with the spices for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the jar, add eggs, peppers and onions and pour vinegar over this to cover.
- Let stand for eight to 10 days (lid on) If the vinegar is too strong for you, use 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water.
This is the best recipe for pickled eggs that I've ever used! I made it as written and let them stand in the refrigerator for the full 10 days. We really enjoyed these and loved the addition of the jalapenos. They had just the right amount of heat and were pickled perfectly. Thanks for sharing. I'll be making these often!
Actually, did not wait the entire time and within five days they were tasting wonderful...added one whole jalapeno and chopped up two others...just the right amount of heat for me and I do like spicy. These are by far the best pickled egg recipe I have tried...So, this will be going into my favorites. Thanks
looks good gonna give it a go, wife outta hate me, brother will love me. haha