Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook240 hrs 5 mins
This is a combination of recipes that makes one great one-if you like pickled eggs. I would avoid feeding these to men who are drinking beer-LOL
- 1 gallon glass container, sterilized (with a lid)
- white vinegar
- 6 chili peppers or 6 jalapenos, sliced or left whole with slits cut into them
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 boiled,peeled eggs
- Open every window in the house.
- Boil 2 cups of the vinegar with the spices for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the jar, add eggs, peppers and onions and pour vinegar over this to cover.
- Let stand for eight to 10 days (lid on) If the vinegar is too strong for you, use 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water.