Recipe by CountryLady
Posted in response to a request, this recipe comes from BH & G Home Canning & Freezing!
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beans, drain& trim ends; cut to fit jars.
- Cover beans with boiling water, cook for 3 minutes, drain well& pack lengthwise into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan& bring to a boil; cover beans with pickling liquid, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Remove any trapped air bubbles- I use a chopstick to do this.
- Adjust lids& process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.