Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted in response to a request, this recipe comes from BH & G Home Canning & Freezing!
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Wash beans, drain& trim ends; cut to fit jars.
- Cover beans with boiling water, cook for 3 minutes, drain well& pack lengthwise into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan& bring to a boil; cover beans with pickling liquid, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Remove any trapped air bubbles- I use a chopstick to do this.
- Adjust lids& process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Talk about easy. I make this for family and friend picnics. One qt. jar lasts 10 minutes. People think I slaved. Be sure your beans are fresh and not to long on the vine.
I am so thrilled to have found this recipe. My mom used to make "DILLY BEANS" when I was a child. They are wonderful and you need to hide them, or your kids will eat them all up. Thanx for posting.
I love this--always have a jar open to munch while I'm making dinner. Also supposed to be great as drink stirrers for bloody marys. I put the cayenne in the bottom of the jar along with a few slices of vidalia onions.