- 7 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 sprigs dill
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add the sliced carrots & cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- drain & rinse the carrots under cold water until cool.
- pack the carrots & dill sprigs into a 1 quart jar.
- make the brine: combine the vinegar, 3/4 cup water, the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the dill seeds & 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium saucepan & bring to a boil.
- pour the brine into the jar with the carrots & dill sprigs & let cool completely. cover & refrigerate overnight or up to 1 week.