- 7 carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick (1 1/4 lbs)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the carrots until tender-crisp, about 1 minute; drain and rinse under cold water to cool them down.
- Pack the carrots and dill sprigs into a quart jar.
- To make the brine: In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, dill seeds, caraway seeds and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot brine over the carrots and let cool to room temperature; cover and store refrigerated overnight or up to 1 week.