Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These taste great as a burger topping.
- 7 carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick (1 1/4 lbs)
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the carrots until tender-crisp, about 1 minute; drain and rinse under cold water to cool them down.
- Pack the carrots and dill sprigs into a quart jar.
- To make the brine: In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, dill seeds, caraway seeds and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot brine over the carrots and let cool to room temperature; cover and store refrigerated overnight or up to 1 week.
Love anything pickled and these are easy. I used a one pound bag of baby carrots and it worked just fine. Made for ZWT #9.
I made a half-batch of these 3 days ago and broken them open to accompany lunch today. They are crisp, flavourful and delicious. Great pickle.