Recipe by paulinalietsch
This is similar in style to the Vietnamese pickled carrots (Carot Chua) that are sweet and tangy with the addition of sliced cucumbers and basil.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup baby carrots, julienne sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup distilled vinegar
- 8 Splenda quick packs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumber with a peeler, peel the cucumber lengthwise into strips. When you get to the middle, chop remainder into cucumber chips. Chop basil finely.
- To an airtight container add cucumber, carrots, julienne sliced, basil.
- Dissolve Splenda and salt in vinegar. Add to veggies. Its ready to eat or store in fridge for later.