Recipe by dojemi
These only stay crunchy for a day or so, then they begin to wilt. When I make them they never last longer than a day anyway.
Top Review by Janie from TX
I have to ask my mom for this same recipe every summer. We enjoy these with every meal as long as the cucumbers make in our garden. I don\'t soak the cucumbers. I only use 1 teaspoon of salt, any type of onions will do and I use apple cider vinegar. I don\'t boil the vinegar. I just pack a jar, add sugar, salt and dill and pour in the vinegar and water. I will re-use the liquid several times. My husband likes straight vinegar (no water).
- 4 cucumbers, with skins and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the sliced cucumbers with the salt and let them drain for 1 hour.
- Boil the vinegar, sugar and water and allow to cool.
- Drain the cucumbers.
- Place in a bowl and add the onions and dill.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumbers and mix well.
- Refrigerate for, at least, 1 hour.