Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the recipe that my Mom and Great Aunt both used. Everybody loves it. Don't know why I haven't posted sooner.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil in a jar. With top on jar, shake until all ingredients are well mixed. Combine cucumber slices and onion slices in a bowl. Pour ingredients from jar onto vegetables and mix to combine. Chill before serving.
This reminded me of the pickled cucumbers my grandmother made. They were always so good with fresh from the garden cucumbers. I reduced the recipe and used splenda. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6~ Scandinavia.
I kind of grew up with these cucumbers. Made for the Vagabonds,ZWT6
This is a classic, and so easy! Love it