Recipe by Maryland Jim
This is the recipe that my Mom and Great Aunt both used. Everybody loves it. Don't know why I haven't posted sooner.
Top Review by Susie D
This reminded me of the pickled cucumbers my grandmother made. They were always so good with fresh from the garden cucumbers. I reduced the recipe and used splenda. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6~ Scandinavia.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil in a jar. With top on jar, shake until all ingredients are well mixed. Combine cucumber slices and onion slices in a bowl. Pour ingredients from jar onto vegetables and mix to combine. Chill before serving.