Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a stable in the Nordic kitchen and can be eaten with any cuts of meat or chicken. UPDATE- I should mention that Danes serve the cucumbers in a bowl on the table with the liquid, each person serve themselves and fork out the cucumbers - meaning that the cucumbers are supposed to be eaten without the pickling liquid.
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar (or more)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped fine
- Wash the cucumber and cut or slice as thin as possible, preferably so thin that each slice flops back and forth when held between two fingers.
- Mix the marinade except the parsley and place the cucumber slices in the marinade for a minimum of 15 min,.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
We love pickled cucumbers and this is a super easy recipe. I thick sliced my cukes as that is how we like them. I added some dill and garlic to the brine as our first taste (yesterday) was a bit bland. Worked like a charm. We sometimes do a medley of cukes, tomatoes (quartered), and sliced onion for a mini-salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR
This is a delicious refreshing summer salad. I really enjoyed it. I liked this salad more than ones with mayonnaise or sour cream because it really allows the cucumber flavor to shine and not be covered up. So simple and great! Thanks for posting.
this was a little different without oil but tasted good sharp with just a litlle sweetness good zaar tour 6 would be good for people watching fats like cardaic patients