Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty and refreshing. A great cooling accompaniment to serve with curry puffs. Best served cooled. Allow for chilling time.
- 125 ml rice vinegar
- 125 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chile, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cucumber and chili and combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
Cool, refreshing, hot, tangy, sweet and sour............those are all the flavours and tastes we got from this SUPREMELY easy and yet stunning dipping sauce!!! I used half a cucumber & half the ingredients listed, as I knew we would not eat a large batch - only the two of us at home at present; we used this dip with some delicious Nems from a local Vietnamese take away restaurant. This was such a pretty dip as well as being easy......I intend to make a full batch when I next cook a FULL ON Oriental meal!!! Made for Leggy Peggy's Tag game in the Aussie/NZ forum and VERY much enjoyed - thanks!! FT:-)