Recipe by An_Net
Tasty and refreshing. A great cooling accompaniment to serve with curry puffs. Best served cooled. Allow for chilling time.
Top Review by French Tart
Cool, refreshing, hot, tangy, sweet and sour............those are all the flavours and tastes we got from this SUPREMELY easy and yet stunning dipping sauce!!! I used half a cucumber & half the ingredients listed, as I knew we would not eat a large batch - only the two of us at home at present; we used this dip with some delicious Nems from a local Vietnamese take away restaurant. This was such a pretty dip as well as being easy......I intend to make a full batch when I next cook a FULL ON Oriental meal!!! Made for Leggy Peggy's Tag game in the Aussie/NZ forum and VERY much enjoyed - thanks!! FT:-)
- 125 ml rice vinegar
- 125 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long red chile, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cucumber and chili and combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.