Recipe by **Jubes**
A recipe from the cookbook "Vietnamese Bible". States that should last around 10 days stored in the refrigerator
Top Review by Tisme
I used a large cucumber for this recipe, as that was all I had on hand. I only got to have it in the fridge for 30 minutes before using but it did not matter this still was a really nice salad.
The sweet & sour combination work's really well together with the cucumber, with just the right hint of heat from the chilli (which I did cut back on a little).
The family really loved this salad and we enjoyed it so much. Such an easy recipe that will be served quite a lot over summer in this household.
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (6 teaspoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and sliced (use asian style chillies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut unpeeled cucumbers lenghtways in half and scoop out the seeds (discard the seeds) . Slice the cucumbers thinly.
- In a bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar , salt and water, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add all ingredients and mix.
- Cover with clingwrap and set aside on the counter for around 40 minutes, turning occassionally.
- Refrigerate and use as required.