1/1 Photo of Pickled Cranberries
24 hrs 30 mins
Recipe by Marisa McClellan. Great variation on cranberry sauce. Use them to make a cranberry vinaigrette for salads, serve them with a double-cream brie to cut the richness of the cheese, and save any leftover brine to mix with sparkling water. The "cooking" time is standing time. Wait a day before trying them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a boiling water bath and three pint jars. Place lids in a small saucepan of water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 2Wash cranberries and pick over for any stems or bad berries.
- 3Combine vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add cinnamon sticks to the brine.
- 4Place allspice berries, whole cloves, black peppercorns and juniper berries in a spice bag or a tea ball. Add them to the brine.
- 5When brine is boiling vigorously, add the cranberries. Stir to combine and cook for 3-7 minutes, until the cranberries begin to pop and the brine has returned to a rolling boil.
- 6When cooking time has elapsed, remove pot from heat. Pull out the spice bag and cinnamon sticks. Break cinnamon sticks in half and set aside.
- 7Using a slotted spoon, ladle cranberries into prepared jars. Cover berries with brine, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Place a cinnamon stick segment into each jar.
- 8Wipe jar rims, apply lids and rings and process in a boiling water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- 9When time is up, remove jars from canner and place them on a folded kitchen towel to cool. When jars are cool enough to handle, remove rings and check seals. Any unsealed jars should be kept in the refrigerator.
- 10Let jars sit for at least 24 hours before eating to all the flavors to settle.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (2037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 231.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 210.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: