1/1 Photo of Pickled Cranberries
24 hrs 30 mins
Recipe by Marisa McClellan. Great variation on cranberry sauce. Use them to make a cranberry vinaigrette for salads, serve them with a double-cream brie to cut the richness of the cheese, and save any leftover brine to mix with sparkling water. The "cooking" time is standing time. Wait a day before trying them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a boiling water bath and three pint jars. Place lids in a small saucepan of water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 2Wash cranberries and pick over for any stems or bad berries.
- 3Combine vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add cinnamon sticks to the brine.
- 4Place allspice berries, whole cloves, black peppercorns and juniper berries in a spice bag or a tea ball. Add them to the brine.
- 5When brine is boiling vigorously, add the cranberries. Stir to combine and cook for 3-7 minutes, until the cranberries begin to pop and the brine has returned to a rolling boil.
- 6When cooking time has elapsed, remove pot from heat. Pull out the spice bag and cinnamon sticks. Break cinnamon sticks in half and set aside.
- 7Using a slotted spoon, ladle cranberries into prepared jars. Cover berries with brine, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Place a cinnamon stick segment into each jar.
- 8Wipe jar rims, apply lids and rings and process in a boiling water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- 9When time is up, remove jars from canner and place them on a folded kitchen towel to cool. When jars are cool enough to handle, remove rings and check seals. Any unsealed jars should be kept in the refrigerator.
- 10Let jars sit for at least 24 hours before eating to allow the flavors to settle.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (2037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 231.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 210.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: