Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
easy way to pickle corn
- Silk and wash corn.
- Place in large pots and bring to a rolling boil for 20 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and rinse in cold water.
- until corn becomes cool enough to handle.
- Cut corn from cob with a knife. (A tomato.
- slicing knife works great).
- Wash jars and lids in hot water.
- Pack corn into jars up to the bottom rim.
- (EITHER 4 QUART JARS OR 8 PINT JARS).
- PINTS add (1)level teaspoon salt to each jar.
- QUARTS add (1) Heaping teaspoon salt to each jar.
- Fill jars up to the top rim with warm water.
- Place lids and rings on jars VERY loose.Place in a cool place on a towel.
- Let it work for 9 to 14 days. As water goes down in jars, add a little salt and fill water back to rim.
- When pickling is done, tighten lids.
I tried each of my two grandmother's recipes along with yours. Did a taste test of all three tonight. Yours won hands down. The only problem is, I didn't make enough. Guess I will make plenty of this recipe. Thanks for sharing